What is AYUDH?
AYUDH – Youth in Action
AYUDH is the international youth wing of Embracing the World, a global network of charitable activties created by Amma (Mata Amritanandamayi).
AYUDH was founded in 2001 and is active in Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and Australia. It is open for youth between 15 and 30 years of age from all religions, social and cultural backgrounds. AYUDH is active in the following fields:
- Spending time with elderly and handicaped people
- Caring for handicapped people
- Free tuition for underpriviledged children and youth
- Blood donation camps
- Anti drug campaigns
- Fundraising events
By promoting a sustainable and environment friendly lifestyle we wish to preserve and protect the earth and live in respect of nature.
- GrowIn’ project to inspire youth to grow their own vegetables
- Tree planting
- Trash cleanup
- Bee cultivation
- Recycling trash into value
- Eco-awareness campaigns
AYUDH provides youth with the opportunity to aquire skills in project management and international teamwork. Our programmes help young people to develop and express their creative and innovative potential, gain inner strength and balance.
- Leadership programmes
- Workshops in music, dance, arts and drama
- Talks and discussions
- Yoga and awareness programmes
- Integrated Amrita Meditation Technique ® for Youth – free meditation classes
AYUDH helps building bridges between youth from different cultures, religions and social backgrounds. It provides a global network of young people who share the ambition to create a better world.
- Co-faciling inter-religious peace initiatives
- Volunteer exchange programms, (European Voluntary Service, funded by the European Commission)
- International youth camps in Europe, North America and Australia. The week-long summer camp in Europe is AYUDH’s largest annual event with an amazing variety of talks, workshops and creative activities. It has previously been supported by the Youth in Action program of the European Commission for Education and Culture.
Our inspiration: Amma
Amma (Mata Amritanandamayi) is one of the most respected humanitarians and spiritual leaders of this time. Her entire life has been dedicated to alleviating the pain of the poor and those suffering physically and emotionally.
Through her own life Amma has consequently adhered to the principles of equality, non-violence and religious tolerance. Ammas tireless efforts for the past 30 years have created a large network of charitable organizations, known collectively as Embracing the World.
Related article: “What is AYUDH?” by Br. Shubamrita