Articles - Wednesday, August 12, 2015 1:50 - 0 Comments
AYUDH Europe’s annual Youth Summit at M.A Center Germany was a grand event, marking the genesis of its second decade. The initiative is growing stronger in spirits and strength with each passing year. This year AYUDH saw 250 participants from twenty-three countries take part in the week long retreat, themed ‘Together We Can’. They were from Austria, Belgium, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom, Ukraine and USA.
The Youth Summit was packed with an assortment of events: Motivational talks, workshops, an anti-cyber-bullying campaign, spiritual practices, a sports day, music video shooting, picnic and a spectacular music and dance show to conclude the week. Continue...
Articles - Wednesday, August 12, 2015 2:00 - 0 Comments
July 2015, Germany
Stories of schoolyard bullies, stolen lunch money and jealous rivalries are familiar to us all, but combine that with the power of social media and bullying takes on a more sinister form in the 21st century. In 2015, AYUDH developed a unique project aimed at combatting bullying in schools and communities.
Lucia Rijker, six-time world champion kickboxer, came on board from the start to guide and support our new anti-bullying initiative. Drawing on her background of facilitating self-empowerment workshops with young people across the world, Lucia gave great insight into ways of fostering an attitude of tolerance, acceptance and self-respect and played a key role in the development of the RespAct project. Continue...
Other Recent Articles
- Together We Can: AYUDH’s 11th EU Youth Initiative was a grand success
- 'Together for a better world' - Press Report, Odenwälder Echo, 23.07.2015
- 'European youth unite against bullying' - Press Report Odenwälder Echo, 15.07.2015
- "Together We Can" - Invitation to AYUDH's 11th EU Youth Initiative
- 70 White C(r)anes Found Their Owners
- Handing Over The First White Canes In Kenya
- 'White C(r)ane Project' - Aiding visually-impaired children and youth
- 300 AYUDH members meet at the European Parliament
- Awareness in Action!
- Volunteering has made me a different person
- Color the World with Love
- "Our World. Our Vision. Our Future." - Invitation to AYUDH's 9th EU youth initiative
- AYUDH Netherlands: Preparing Easter with Elderly People
- Continuing to GIVE - AYUDH at the 'Festa dei popoli' in Italy